Google+

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Bran Redmaw Conversion

Ready for paint..

DSC_7196

I think….

There's a few bits to clean up, primer always shows you the flaws, it’s why I do it when I think I am nearly there. – incidentally I used the Vallejo airbrush primer this time as the humidity was high and i didn't want to mess it up with my usual Halfords can, hence it’s quite a bit darker.

He’s been a longtimecoming if you red the blog regularly you’ll have seen that, but I’m happy with the current state of affairs.

Here’s the rest of the pics -

DSC_7204  DSC_7198 DSC_7199 DSC_7200 DSC_7201 DSC_7202 DSC_7203

A suitably dark paintjob will be required I think, lots of fur, and maybe black trim in places, rather than gold? hrm, will have to ponder some more.

The backpack was made from a regular wolf power pack from the grey hunters/blood claws box, with some bitz chopped off axes from the same box, the big ol’ axe is “borrowed” from the Thunderwolf Cavalry box, as is the chest plate. The fur cloak, collar and tabard are sculpted using this technique and the beard was similarly added by me. The head is from the terminator box with it’s top knot removed.

I have part of a GH squad on the paint bench at the moment, but this bloke might well be next.

Thanks for taking the time to read, your comments have influenced this build and I value them all :)

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Very cool - really like how the build turned out, can't wait to see it painted up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks cool. I look forward to seeing the painted model

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a thumbnail the top pic looks like a mogwai holding an axe. Nice piece of work, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys.. he's in the queue for paint!

    but.. a Mogwai? *cant see it*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...