Google+

Friday 17 January 2014

Space Wolves Stormeagle Built

DSC_8317

Pig to build, stunning to look at…

 

DSC_8318

These pics are pre-gap filling so you can see all the trouble I had getting the top plastic piece to fit with the resin below.

DSC_8322

FW space wolf Rhino doors and some brass etch have been used in place of the original aquilla.

DSC_8319 DSC_8320 

Yes, that door is glued closed, no I don’t want to talk about it. did I mention the model is a pig?

DSC_8321

Destined to carry a full squad of blood claws, because a) they are awesome and 2) as everyone has grey hunters it stands to reason that blood claws will be awesome next codex so we all have to buy new troops :)

If you're thinking about getting one of these models please be sure you are comfortable with resin and with FW kits, I am and I still glued myself to it three times and had to make some serious modifications to get it to work, oh and the instructions are pants too.

10 comments:

  1. It looks great. How was it to build ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny.

      lets just say, harder than a lego technix helicopter, but easier than a nation.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers Secundus, I've been enjoying your Dwarf saga too :)

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain, mine almost achived flight under its own power before I finished building it. I still need to do the gap filling on mine.

    http://legioxviii.blogspot.com/2013/07/air-salamander.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely turn of phrase. "flight under its own power" and yep, right there with you, I may tackle the gap filing and clean up as a video, it'll give me an incentive to actually do it.

      Delete
  4. Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing it in Wolf colours. Does that mean you will be painting some Blood Claws?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed, though I'm going to have to build them first :)

      My main issue with that is finding enough variety of "youthful" heads in the range to not have a unit with too much repetition. there are 15 in a full size unit and only about 5 youthful heads, including the odd looking he man head..

      I may have to improvise.

      Delete
  5. As a kit it has huge potential - but I have seen more than one build review criticising it. Same with the Fire Raprot variant.

    Look forward to seeing some colour on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i do really like the fire raptor, but this almost enough to make me thnik twice.

      almost.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...